Saturday, August 2, 2008

Two Weeks From Yesterday ...

When I went to the doctor this week we decided to push the delivery back one week to August 15th. The birthday won't have near the same ring to it as 08/08/08, but we both think the little guy will have more surfactant in his lungs and maybe do a bit better if he has another week inside. Plus - I realize that they are much more work on the "outside" so I am OK with it.

I realized I haven't posted anything in two weeks - Yikes. We've been pretty focused on making sure the kids have a fabulous summer (before their lives are ruined) and getting the school preparations done. There has been lots of progress made on the house ... more on that later.

Monte took the kids to visit their his parents for the weekend and Mom and I did some shopping. I should say - Power Shopping. At least now the kids will have a few short outfits to start school in that aren't chlorine faded and stained from summer activities.

A few weeks ago we learned we have had carpenter ant damage to the front door and consequently -the entire door and framing has to be replaced. Yep. A front door and all its glass components costs a whole LOT more than I thought it would. Combine that bill with the exterminator, preschool and Kindergarten tuitions, and school registration and we could have bought a small (and old) car. Timing is everything.

With less than two weeks left, I've decided to steal an idea from one of my favorite shows "Jon and Kate Plus 8" and do a "special day" with each one of the kids before this baby comes. I've given them carte blanche (well, almost) for their day as long as it doesn't involve permanent tattoing or a ridiculous amount of money. They are thinking about it today. I'll let you know what they come up with.

We took all of them to see the movie Prince Caspian last night. It is the follow up to Chronicles of Narnia - all based on the books by C.S Lewis. It was OK -not great. I am a huge fan of the books and think that, in true Hollywood style, there was too much violence and not enough message. But - Grayson and Emma really liked it. Claire fell asleep.

The front door is getting put in today and I have a hair coloring agenda to fill. And - Emma wants her ears pierced. I have to consult Monte on that one just in case he has an opinion.

3 comments:

Marci @Finding Joy in the Journey said...

Seems like it's been forever since I've talked to you! Guess it kinda has! I will totally be calling you in the near future because there are pieces of this post I'd really like to hear the live Amy version of!

Praying for you in all this heat!

Love ya!

Rebecca Lily said...

Oh! The 15th... wow!!! I can't believe it!!!

Stinks on the door. Don't you hate house repairs??? Ugh. We had to buy a doorknob for our door and it was like 80 bucks. What a ripoff. :)

I am doing the same thing with my kiddos - a special day just with them. They usually think up something very EXPENSIVE. I think I need to come up with a price limit!

Sarah said...

hey, you! I've been thinking about you, mama! :)