Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Welcoming Cooper Thomas Savage





He's here. I still can't completely believe it. The kids are really in love with him and so are we.


I will admit to something here that I believe many moms goes through but might not verbally discuss. I wondered how he'd fit. Would I love him like I do the others? Is there room? What if I don't feel that connection? How will others react? Will it change our comfy family dynamic?


As only God can do - when the first cry was heard in the OR, everything changed. Only God can make your heart and head accomodate another member of the family so perfectly and instantly. I hadn't even seen him yet and loved him with every aspect of my being.


It all fits. There is plenty of room. I love him completely. The people in our lives that are closest to us have accepted him fully. Of course it has changed our dynamic. It won't always be easy but it will be us. Nothing has changed at the core - except that Cooper's birth has given me an unexpected gift. The gift of seeing my children witness the birth and acceptance of a sibling. You don't often get to see your children go through something like this. The joy and wonder (and sometimes fear) in their eyes has been priceless.


I promise when I get some good pictures taken I will get the blog updated. Emma has suggested that I wait until Cooper is not "so squishy." Sounds like a great idea. I think I may even know a few talented gals I could ask. Speaking of Rebecca and Sarah - I've been thinking about you girls alot this week and I just can't wait until your journey brings your children home.


2 comments:

Marci @Finding Joy in the Journey said...

I love that you have managed to add two entried to the blog on the first day home. I want to see him while he's still squishy, I love squishy! I also love how big Emma and Grayson look heading off to school. It funny seeing pictures of everyone, just looks like he's been missing all this time and now it looks perfect!

Rebecca Lily said...

We've been thinking a lot about you too!!

We were in Aboite just 2 days ago (Andy is working in the area) and we drove right past your subdivision!!!

Cooper is BEAUTIFUL (hey boys can be beautiful too)... the kids are precious with their new baby brother!!

Such "completeness" in those photos. :) I love it. 4 is a great number, you are going to have tons of fun.

Rebecca