Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Trust the Plan


I haven't always been a big fan of change - but I am beginning to wrap my head around its benefits little by little. It's almost never comfortable but inevitably necessary. It is also often instantaneous.


For example, just this week - Emma woke up in the morning with two front teeth and went to bed that night with one missing.


Monte went to work in the morning working for GE Motor Division. He came home in the evening working for GE Energy Division.


Last week, at 12:17, we had three children. At 12:18, we had four.


I pretty much know what's going to happen with Emma's tooth. Emma didn't. She needed some reassurance and explanation. I told her. Another will grow in its place. That tooth was meant to fall out. It was all part of the plan. In fact, the adult tooth has already shown itself - proof that the plan was working. Trust the plan.


I don't know what will happen with the GE change or Cooper's birth. I just know that it feels like part of the plan. Maybe something, somewhere is showing itself - just like Emma's tooth - to prove to us that the plan is working. I'm trusting the plan. I just wish I knew what it was.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Amy ~

You have had a lot of change go on in the last week! God has the perfect plan for your families life and it will all work for His good. In making a huge decision last week God used my favorite words in an answer to my prayer ~ I tell myself and everyone I know to "let go and let God" ~ when God answered my prayer He was very direct in saying "let go and let Me". Trust Him ~ He already has it all worked out...perfectly:)
Teresa

Marci @Finding Joy in the Journey said...

I think what you've learned in the past, almost two (sniff, sniff) years, is that the plan is gonna happen so go with a smile on your face and don't provoke another drop kicking, cause you know He'll do it!

You're turning into quite an adaptable lady, Miss Amy!