Sunday, August 3, 2008

Emma Gets Her Ears Pierced !!!




She's been claiming to "really want to do this really, really, REALLY bad" for a while now. I didn't think it would stick but it has. So ... for part of her special day - we took her to Claire's at the mall. I called first to make sure they had two techs on staff so she would have two at once. You moms know exactly why I did that don't you? Turns out - good decision on my part or it is entirely possible Emma would have only one earring.


She was a trooper until right before the piercing. Then I really thought she might bail out on us. But - I reminded her of the summer's theme for our family - "Try Something New" (another Jon and Kate idea - the theme thing) and she mustered up the courage. No tears or anything. I was really pretty proud of her.


She chose her birthstone (ours actually) for her studs and she has been great at cleaning and twisting them multiple times per day. It does take me back a bit.


It was such a great thing to do as a family too. Grayson was actually more nervous for her than we were. Monte had to walk him around the store to get his mind off of things .... He was so nervous it was going to hurt her. He can hurt her but no one else better try it. They really do love each other deep down I guess.


Claire was just wowed by the fact that the whole store was named just for her. I'd actually never thought of it until she pointed out her name above the door.


I think she looks pretty grown up. She's already asked me if she can wear different earrings to her wedding. One day at a time girl. But yes ... maybe I'll even lend you some of mine.

2 comments:

Rebecca Lily said...

Awwww!! Brave girl!! And they look really cute! My 2 oldest have their ears pierced and Claire keeps asking about getting hers done. I'm like... NO, you are FIVE! (By the way she thinks it is pretty cool to have a store named after her too.) :)

R

Rebecca Lily said...

P.S. So cute how Grayson was pacing around all worried. :) That made me smile.