Sunday, August 10, 2008

Progress!!!





We (meaning mostly Monte) have had several projects to complete the past few months - everything from preparing a nursery to adding a fifth bedroom to putting in a whole new front door. Not to mention painting the kids' rooms and creating/putting up window treatments. It is all coming together!!! The basement is functional (not done yet but the guest bed is down there and the doors are hung. The window treatments my friend Marni are making (yes - sewing) are complete in the kitchen and den and the big one is up in our big living room window. I love them and the treatment really makes the view onto the lake look really great. Thanks Marni!


The nursery is done and I'm starting to pack for the hospital. We finally opened the box of diapers in newborn size. Neither of us remembered them being that LITTLE. I've lit my favorite candle (Yankee Baby Powder) and rocked in the glider rocker just imagining what this new little life has in store for us.


A few more last minute details to conquer tomorrow including: Grayson's kindergarten screening, swim lessons, haircuts for all the kids, soccer practice, and Mah Jong at a friends' house. Oh - and my last day of work for a while. More on that tomorrow.


Time to watch the Olympics.

1 comment:

Rebecca Lily said...

I remember being at your house and seeing that fabric!! It looks great on the window. :) Love the baby's room... and I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN, the newborn size diapers are always a shock!!!!

Love ya! Getting close!!!!! :)

Rebecca