Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Next David Beckham ....





or not. Grayson had his first Upward Bound Soccer Game this morning. For those of you who aren't familiar, Upward Bound is a Christian oriented sporting club that operates out of churches throughout the US. The fees are minimal, coaching is voluntary, and fundamentals, players' character, biblical application, and equal playing time are all stressed. I'm not even sure they keep score. All the kids get introduced before each game and they get to run through a banner and dry ice. Very cool when you are five. I think the emphasis is on all the right places.


He's pretty quick and seems to really enjoy playing. He's still more interested in the snacks at the end than the game itself ... but I guess we've got time to work on that. In the meantime, I just think he looks SO CUTE in that uniform. I mean ... handsome.




No comments: