Friday, August 15, 2008

Chunk 'O Love!!!!


I would call him our little bundle of joy, but at 9lb 14oz and 20.5 in long............he's much more of a chunk than a bundle. Besides Chunk 'O Love, he'll be expected to answer to Cooper Thomas but Chunk is liable to last a while.

You'll notice he's a little ticked off, but he settled down pretty well after a first meal in his new world. Settled down might actually be an understatement as he ate and then took a 7 hour nap. Any of you who know Amy and her best friend, neurosis, will understand her issues with this extended slumber so shortly after being birthed. I was sent to consult the nursery attendants as to the likelihood that we needed a neuro consult and returned with one screaming boy ready for round two. After that, he was a little more peaceful (and so was Amy).

If you look closely, you'll see that Amy may have her shot at a brunette and it's got a little wave to it. His eyes haven't been open enough to tell the color yet..........but I'll let you know when I see them. By the time there's another blog entry, it's liable to be Amy adding her normal wit as I have my laptop and the hospital lobby has free wi-fi. She won't be able to stay away from all of you for long.

Here's a couple more shots shortly after the main event. For all the other Dad's out there, notice my scrubs are true, blue, 100% cotton official hospital scrubs. None of those disposable paper mesh scrubs like OSF here.

Me and the boy..........

Amy's first chance to see him outside the delivery room.

Thanks to all for the thoughts, wishes, and prayers that helped us get Coop into this world so healthy. And an extra thank you to all of those who have (and who will...wink wink) bring food over the coming weeks.


6 comments:

Marci @Finding Joy in the Journey said...

He's a doll baby, and he's a Savage! I see a little of everybody mixed up in there!

Finn is trying to hug the computer while saying "bay bay", so I think he's sending his love.

Monte, great job as guest commentator. I laughed outloud that your darling wife was already calling for a neuro consult. I think if she'd have posted she might have ommited that! Good plea for food there at the end, impressive!

Give Amy and baby Cooper our love! We're glad he's here and everyone is doing well!

Love, Marci

Sarah said...

He's beautiful!!! Ooooh!!! Congratulations, guys. I had been thinking these last few weeks... I wonder if he'll be a burnette. They've got a red head, a strawberry blone, and a blonde... so now they need a some more of Amy's good looks in the bunch as Monte's genes have been overpowering the brood.

I too thought this was Amy posting until I read the "neuro consult" phrase. I was thinking... what in the heck is SHE doing... just has a C-section and she's got the laptop posting already? Goodness!

Amy, I lit the baby power candle for the first time today in the nursery after the painting tape was taken down and the nursery was all put together. I cried happy tears!!!

Lisa said...

Congrats Savage Family-
What a lil' blessing. I immediately thought Grayson but Chris says he looks like Momma. Anywho...thinking of you all & can't wait to meet the lil' guy!

Lisa

Teresa said...

Amy ~

Cooper is absolutley beautiful! I'm so thankful that everything went well and he is cuddling in your arms!

As for his feedings, I'm sure he read the chapter on the open buffet once he was born:) I promise you he will eat when he is hungry ~ as long as you are getting 3-4 wet diapers a day now and 6-8 wet ones a day by one week, you are good to go:)

I'm so glad Monte enjoyed the "real scrubs" at Lutheran ~ your at a great place to bring a new life into the world:)

Also, if we are in Ft Wayne soon we will bring food:)

Congratulations!

Teresa

Nicole - Life in Progress said...

Well, of course he's just delicious as I knew he would be! I'm so glad everything went well & that he's here, safe and sound.

I wish I could be there to bring you coffee and One World and to unwrap him and give him the welcome that Charlotte received. Hopefully soon.

And now the adventure really begins.

Rebecca Lily said...

Oh my!! Happy tears here!! Congrats Monte, Amy & the whole Savage family... Chunk is beautiful!!! :) And CHUNK! Almost 10 lbs?? Amy you are supermama...!!!! You look glowing & beautiful! (Amy, not Monte, haha). :) So happy for you that Cooper arrived safe & sound. We need to come meet him in person!!

Hugs & love!
R