Thursday, August 7, 2008

To Answer Your Questions ....

I know how bad I've been about not blogging lately... things have been just a bit nutty around here. I've decided to condense it a bit then try to answer some questions this way - because I may never get around to emailing and calling everyone privately (oh how I wish I could though).

I worked at Covington's registration today with my friend Jennifer. It was a three hour ordeal and it was at the Kindergarten table. That is special for a few reasons:

1. It is Covington's first year doing all day Kindergarten (voluntary and for a fee) so there are LOTS or new paperwork.
2. It is usually the only table where both parents come and often cry (first one off to school).
3. Maybe not the best place for a 9 month pregnancy lady to be (think easily confused and fairly emotional)....

Anyway - I wasn't much help to Jennifer but maybe I was funny to watch. After all - how many different reactions can I have to "Wow...when's the big day?"

I also had to register Emma and Grayson. Thankfully, I didn't have to pay the $1500 Kindergarten fee all at once. So with books, partial tuitions, etc., I only wrote out about $700 worth of checks. Yikes. That doesn't even include Claire's tuition.

We also had swimming lessons and a OB appt for me. We had to do some tentative measurements of the little guy today. My doctor tells me there aren't enough Diet Cokes and Marlboro Lights in the county to keep this baby under 9 lbs (He has a very dry sense of humor). When he realized I was only 37 weeks and 3 days, he looked a little more pale. His color returned when I reminded him it was a repeat C-section.

So - it is scheduled for 6:00 am on Friday August 15th. I hope to be home on Tuesday the 19th and Emma and Grayson go to their first day of school on the 20th. So many of you have called or emailed to ask how you can help. Prayers for a healthy baby and safe delivery would be great. Beyond that ... I just don't know yet.

Hospital visitors - I'd love it. Anytime after Friday. I might even let you hold the baby after you've washed your hands =). Especially if you bring chocolate, Chinese food, or something from Starbucks.

Monte will be home the week I come home but with all the chaos at GE he will be heading back soon and doing alot from home. He's the interim "cheese" until such time a new "cheese" appears. While you are sending up prayers, some prayers for him and some sleep would be great too.

Thanks again to my friends. You are all just the best.

No comments: