Sunday, March 30, 2008

Friendships .... not for the faint of heart.....

A dear friend of mine just lost her father. He was only 61 years old. I never got to meet him but I have heard enough to get an idea of what kind of man he was. I know that he helped to shape his daughter into the friend I know and love. Because she has seen me through some not so attractive times in my life, she means a lot to me. We've laughed and cried and become the kind of friends you always hope come into your life when you need them. Which is the point. While it would be nice to pretend that all of our girl dates revolve around shopping and good cocktails (and great Thursday night TV), it doesn't. When our true friends hurt, we do too. Deeply. Enough to wish we could take some of the pain away but knowing that instead, we have a unique role to play. We all know what that role entails. At least, if we are blessed. And hopefully, Marci is finding out just how blessed she is.

2 comments:

Marci @Finding Joy in the Journey said...

Very, very, blessed.

Love you!

Marci @Finding Joy in the Journey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.