Friday, April 4, 2008

We Are Rockstars........aka My First Metallica Solo





We met up with our friends Sarah and Kevin recently for a night out and some good Mexican food. No margaritas for me, sadly. One or two may have proven useful for the night's entertainment. Sarah and Kevin graciously hosted us to a night of playing "Rock Band" - I think that is what it is called. If you know anything about Play Station 2 or Wii, think Guitar Hero with a full band combined with Karoake. Yeah. Sarah is a bonafide percussionist from back in the day and Kevin is skilled on guitar. Monte and I only sing in the shower and have NEVER played an instrument. Not even the triangle. Yet - we gave it a shot. Because I had no idea how to play bass or drums, I had to sing. Into a microphone. In front of people.


If you know me at all, you realize there are only two stations on my car radio. If it isn't Contemporary Christian or Country - chances are great I don't know the song. The only selections here were rock songs. Good things the words were on the screen and my bandmates were too busy playing their stuff to listen to me.


We had a great time. Monte was so good on bass that he got himself a groupie (see above). Suffice it to say, it was my first Metallica solo. It may not be my last. Good thing we don't have that game at home or I may be jamming out to some Black Sabbath instead of cleaning out closets.















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When are you guys going on the road?

Sarah