Sunday, April 13, 2008

Works for Me.... Sunday version


Some of my bloggy friends participate in the very fun and frequently very useful "Works for Me Wednesday" idea - where cool ideas are posted. I intended to wait until Wednesday but the way this week is shaping up - I am sure I will forget. So... here it is - the Sunday night version.


Grayson and Claire's preschool has some pretty crafty ideas but they are really focusing on "being green" lately. I love that idea so when Grayson came home with his newest creation, I just knew I had to share it.


It's a box tower. It involves two ingredients - boxes (all types, shapes, etc) and masking tape. Yep. That's it. The teachers and other grownups saved their boxes for the year then let the kids choose the ones they wanted to use. Add a little masking tape and voila - a masterpiece.


They even stressed to the kids that they could further recycle their masterpieces by dismantling the creations, adding more tape, and "rebuild" it. So. much. fun.


So... we now have a garbage bag in the garage where all of our boxes will go. I foresee a rainy day in the future when several boxes and a few rolls of masking tape may just entertain three kids - and their mother.

1 comment:

Rebecca Lily said...

You are a good mommy, Amy. I cringe at the thought of letting my kids loose with boxes and masking tape. Haha.