Saturday, March 29, 2008

Workin' For a Livin'.......

It's just been one of those weeks for both of us at our jobs.....it is end of the quarter for GE so that means a little more work at home and a little less patience for all of my critical needs (including Taco Bell). A bit of the same for me with "State" coming in to the nursing home and all of us pretending it is this clean all the time. Does anyone think those inspectors really buy that? Don't they have wives at home that spend the ENTIRE day before company sprucing up the house? What a facade. Of course, add to that several new evaluations (hard to do in my 9 hour work week) just to make things look good - and it all got a little frustrating.

Thankfully - I have a new favorite song and video that sums it up pretty well. Huey and Garth are about the best pairing since chocolate and peanut butter ... and if you don't agree, keep it to yourself because I would like to remain friendly with you. Come on, admit it - Huey's guitar and Garth's .... uh, jeans.... what could be better than that? And what would a country music video be without Nascar? The only thing missing is a drunk mama, a train, and some girl in a bikini.

http://www.livevideo.com/video/E9CCF72782F143DFBD585D9E893A8FD5/garth0-brooks-huey-lewis-wor.aspx

1 comment:

MT said...

Hey there again...I see you're in the Midwest and you mentioned GE here in this post.

Are you in the Cincy area? (We are, and my dear dude works at GE...dang, I let that cat out of the bag!).

Anyhoo...always nice to stumble local blogging moms!