Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Kindergarten Blues....

Well, it's official. Grayson is registered for the big "K." Gulp.

I waited to register him until his spring parent teacher conference at Preschool. You know, just in case. Turns out, they still feel he is more than ready to go. The jury is still out on my opinion.

Academically, he is ready. Socially, MORE than ready. Fine motor wise - hmmm... He's come a long way... but still feels pictures are best adorned in a single color. To his credit, if he REALLY feels divinely inspired, he IS able to stay within the lines - most of the time.

So, with a little bit of trepidation, I turned the forms in and warned the secretaries that although Emma and Grayson are siblings, they are NOT the same children. They have been warned.

He is excited yet a little nervous. After all, it is a big school with lots of hallways and many more kids on the playground at recess. I've assured him he'll be just fine. I'm just not sure about me.

No comments: