Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Snow Day



Some of you have heard me complain about the Hoosier snowdays, two hour delays, etc., so I won't do too much more whining here. However, suffice it to say that the folks in Wisconsin and Illinois public schools systems seem to be a bit tougher re: school in the snow. Our first snow day of the winter was today. The kids weren't all that excited to go out until neighbors invited them sledding. Of course, I don't have pics of THAT - that would involve getting cold.


We (OK - Monte) did finish the outdoor lighting and the wreath-hanging. I think it looks smashing - a little Colonial. For those of you who won't travel to see us this season, here it is - along with Claire in full winter regalia.


Oh - I got my first Christmas cards in the mail today - all from Wisconsinites. They beat me every year. I am starting on ours tonight after Cookie Training. Yes, we indeed need to be trained in order to ensure your best possible purchase experience from the Girl Scouts when cookie season hits (in January). I will be counting on you!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Amy, The house looks beautiful! Now, I gotta know... do you use a big ladder to put up those wreaths or do you do it hanging out the window?

Anonymous said...

The house looks fantastic - I love all things colonial! I too am working on my Christmas cards. I got on-line to look up an address & felt the need to blog surf for a few minutes!

Sherry said...

Love your "blog look"! I found your site through Sarah:) I am so happy I came across your website. I've totally forgotten to order this years Christmas cards! LOL! "Blond Moment"! You've totally reminded me now Im off to Shutterfly.com Good luck getting yours out!

Happy snow days & your house looks beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Funny it's Thursday night, ok, Friday morning, and I just left Nicole's. See, you are still with us on Thursdays! The House does look beautiful, and I'm guessing you were hanging out the windows...shouting intrustions to Monte. Like I believe you hung those yourself...mmmhhmmm.

Rebecca Lily said...

That's the cutest picture of Claire in her snow gear. :) And the house looks terrific!

Rebecca