Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas Preparations - Game On!


It was fairly icy here - as it was all over the midwest. We did not make it to church this morning and actually, we barely made it out of our jammies! Monte spent the day painting (and is spending all night working) and I started Christmas cards. Yikes - I had forgotten that is an ALL DAY endeavor. I have a pile with stamps, a pile with the wrong stamps, and a pile with no stamps. The kids were begging to help. What a project. We do the "Christmas letter" so I had one folding, one stuffing, and one licking the envelopes. I apologize in advance for what your letter looks like or how much slobber is on it. It was quite a scene!

Claire went to bed early so Emma and Grayson got to help frost the cookies for our Brownie trip to the nursing home tomorrow. From the looks of some of the cookies, it looks as though I may be apologizing to those folks too.

So - it may be close to 1:00 am, but the cards are done, some presents are wrapped and under the tree, three lunches are packed for tomorrow, all forms for schools signed and in bookbags, and the blog is updated. Whoo-hooo!

No comments: