Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Overheard at the snack table today.....

A ritual at our house is the "after school snack." It is widely anticipated from about 8:30 in the morning. Sometimes I am pretty creative (think several food groups) and sometimes.... not so much (think leftover Halloween candy).

Today, it was those big, soft pretzels with cheddar cheese melted on top. I was trying to finish something in the dining room when I overhear the three cherubs discussing God and man. It went a little something like this:

Emma: "Grayson, do you know who God is?"
Grayson: "Duh!"
Emma: "OK - it's like this. We are the sheep and He is the shepherd."
Grayson: "I KNOW."
Emma: "We are the people and He is the God."
Grayson: "We are the audience and He is the rock star."
Emma: " MOM - Grayson just said God is like Hannah Montana!"

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

1 comment:

Rebecca Lily said...

LOL!! That is so funny!!! I love overhearing conversations between my kids - especially when they're discussing religion. :)

Rebecca