Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Feeling My Years....

So tonight, a telemarketer called - nice lady - until she called me MADAME. MADAME? How old do I sound? Then tonight, I find this in my email box. Friends, we are NOT 21 anymore.

The people who are starting college this fall across the nation were born in 1989. They are too young to remember the space shuttle blowing up. Their lifetime has always included AIDS. The CD was introduced two years before they were born. They have always had an answering machine . They have always had cable. Jay Leno has always been on the Tonight Show. Popcorn has always been cooked in the microwave. They never took a swim and thought about Jaws. They don't know who Mork was or where he was from. They never heard: "Where's the Beef?", "I'd walk a mile for a Camel", or "de plane Boss, de plane". McDonald's never came in Styrofoam containers. They don't have a clue how to use a typewriter.

Do you feel old yet?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Very old. Even older then I felt when I had my hair colored to cover up my grays today. (with loving sarcasm) Thanks a bunch!

Rebecca Lily said...

Yeah thanks Amy. Such an uplifting post. ;)

Rebecca

PS Another thing that makes me feel old... remembering when personal computers made their debut!!!