Saturday, December 22, 2007

Good News!!!






Monte's surgery was yesterday and all went really well. He is up and around today without too much pain medication. We were able to spend some time with him pre-op. When I saw him in that "cap and gown," I was really sorry I had not taken my camera. THAT would have blog-worthy. Thank you for all your calls, emails, well wishes and meals. I have the best friends!




Which brings me to the other good news. I have just realized (with all the Christmas cards coming in) that we know some seriously beautiful kids! It is with so much joy that I open the mail to find all these great smiling faces.




In other fun today, the kids and I got to attend a gingerbread decorating party at the neighbor's house. With my three and three teenage girls to help them, there was a LOT of giggling going on - also tons of creativity. Just look at those sledding teddy grahams and fabulous touches of architectural genius!




Grayson had a great approach - one piece of candy for the house - one piece for my mouth....

1 comment:

Rebecca Lily said...

Claire's face totally cracks me up!!! The gingerbread houses look great. And I'm so glad to hear Monte's surgery went well. Give hugs to that beautiful family of yours!!!

Rebecca

PS If we get a nice layer of snow after Christmas, maybe we could have you guys here for some sledding & hot chocolate??