Saturday, January 10, 2009

Update on the Whole Exercise Thing

I intentionally did NOT make a formal New Year's resolution about diet/exercise. It thwarts me every time (A personal aside - isn't "thwart" a great word? It doesn't get used enough).

But ... setting aside some "me" time that does NOT involve chocolate, Tabor Hill wine, and the remote control (love me some Grey's Anatomy) has been on my mind and my priority list.

So I dusted off my YMCA card and have set up quite a little schedule for myself. The goal is to walk in the door 4 times per week. Anything else is gravy.

I talked a friend of mine into taking Yogalates with me. How I wish it were gentle, relaxing yoga followed by a steaming, full-fat vanilla latte. Not so.

It's a gut-busting combo class devised and led by a sadist in a cute black leotard. Half yoga...half pilates. I still don't really know a "downward dog" from a "chair" but I'm working on it.

Still hate running. Still make myself do it. It might be getting a little bit easier. At least, that's what I'm telling myself so I keep going.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

if you ever figure out the secret to enjoyable running let me know, I too HATE to run!