Friday, January 9, 2009

Bad Day

Do me a favor. Click here to listen to the music before you read this post. It helps set the mood for my pity party. Do it for me. Daniel Powter had nothing on me yesterday.

Yesterday was A. BAD. DAY.

Long story ... but it involved a state survey at one of my places of employment, a crying baby, a vomiting dog, and news of a friend admitted for surgery.

Even an improved downward dog pose at yoga didn't lighten the mood. I'm still a little shaken.

Today ... a little more clarity. Professionally, I need to find a better fit for my time and my passion. Simplify again. I hear you God.

Prayers to Marci and her family.

A huge thank you to my friend who called with great news - just when I needed it. An even bigger thank you to my babysitter - who takes it all in stride - even when I don't.

My unending gratitute for the makers of Diet Coke and the bulb syringe for babies. Without both of you, I may have gone over the edge yesterday.

2 comments:

Nicole - Life in Progress said...

Diet Coke makes everything better, no? Hope your weekend is peaceful!

Marci @Finding Joy in the Journey said...

Thank you for your lack of words..the love is just what I needed.

ps I sent the chick magnet onsie. I walked past it a dozen times while you were pregnant and thought of you and giggled everytime. I had to scavenge for that one when he was born, only one left in the store...knew it would fit him, and it goes well with that cool hat!