Sunday, May 11, 2008

Thanks Uncle George and Glenda !!!


According to Emma, "Simply the Best" surprise came in the mail yesterday from my uncle George and Glenda in Georgia. It was a "sequel" (sort of) book to one the kids already have and immensely enjoy. The books were written by a friend of my uncle's - they were classmates and polevaulting buddies back in high school. The first one Emma received was autographed because the author still lives near my parents and the heroine in the book was named Emma.


This book is extra special because she is collecting autographed books (I think she is up to five or so) and subsequent books by the same authors. Being an author is on her "potential occupations" - one we are actively encouraging since she loves to write. She enjoys reading books to the little ones now - she even does the voices better than I do!


Thanks Uncle George and Glenda. What a thoughtful gift (and extra special hardback book) and a piece of local flavor.

1 comment:

The Sullivan Sitcom said...

Love seeing pics of the kids! Can't wait to hear about your trip too!

BTW-Please pass on to Sarah how much I LOVE my new blog design. Oh and I've tagged you!