Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Muffins With Mom Day at Preschool





It's funny how God steps in and teaches you a lesson just when you need it most.


We leave for Florida to "worship the mouse" as my doctor puts it. I've been spending more than a little time digging out all the Disney character T-shirts, looking at websites, buying a new video camera, etc - thinking I had to do "all the important things" before we left.


Muffins With Mom was important - just not at the tippy top of my priority list. It was, however, at the top of Claire and Grayson's list.


We had a great time. We planted flowers, had muffins, opened gifts, did crafts, and had "chapel" with our church pastor who led the whole group in kid friendly songs.


The kids just beamed. They were so proud to show off their friends, teachers, classrooms, and moms. EVERY kid had someone show up to be with them. EVERY kid just floated down the hall with anticipation and excitement.


They really don't care if their shirts match the theme parks or if you found a coupon for a discount stroller rental. They just want to be with us. I'm so thankful God took time today to show me that.


By the way - that picture is Grayson's portrayal of him climbing a tree with me underneath cheering him on. For those of you who know who much he HATES to draw pictures - you understand how precious and photo-worthy it is to me.

No comments: