Thursday, May 29, 2008

Happy 5th Birthday Grayson!!!






Well, he's actually been five for about two weeks but I haven't had time to gather the pictures from both celebrations until now. Prior to the Disney trip (I'm posting this weekend - I promise), we had a party with his friends from preschool at the Science Central Children's Museum. I didn't know how thirteen five year old boys would do with experiments and making crafts, but I was pleasantly surprised. They hung in there. They were able to explore the musuem (not long enough), listen to/participate in some demonstrations, then make a craft. Personally, I thought the Mastodon squirters were a little lame but the kids still play with them at home, so what do I know?


The party guy also made homemade liquid nitrogren ice cream to go with the cupcakes. THAT was pretty cool. The glint in Monte's eye made me a bit nervous - thankfully, Lowe's doesn't sell that stuff.


He officially turned five in Disney, so we had a little cake (Darth Vader - his favorite) for him in the room. He was soooo looking forward to chewing gum (our house rule - no gum until you are five), we ran over to the store in the hotel to buy him a pack. A fact I bet you didn't know - gum is NOT sold anywhere on Disney property. Walt made that request years ago due to the mess and they still honor it today. I respect that. But .... it was the first thing he asked for when he got home.
We also celebrated his day by going to Chef Mickey's for dinner in the Contemporary Hotel on property. I highly recommend it. The food was really good and the characters make a big deal over the birthday kids by singing and bringing over a cupcake. He even got an autographed placemat to take home. We bought a picture of all of us for a keepsake - I'll have to post that one later.


He had a great time turning five. Most birthdays, I can't appreciate the difference. This one seems a little different. He seems older. A little more mature. I said a little.


Happy Birthday Buddy!

2 comments:

Nicole - Life in Progress said...

He looks so grown up! And, what a fun party. You're a super-cool mom!

Marci @Finding Joy in the Journey said...

You're just super cool all around!

But that's not why I;m commenting. I'm laughing that you have the no gum till you're five too! Ours is gum and soda. So Dax kept telling people he was turning five. When people ask he'll tell them "I'm five, I get gum and soda". Guess again buddy! I suppose three's "full time big boy pants and no binky" just was not nerly as attractive!

Happy Fifth birthday, Grayson!