Friday, May 30, 2008

Summer is officially here ... and other timelines...

It officially arrived at 3:45 with Emma getting off the bus as her last day as a 1st grader. As soon as her feet hit the ground, she announced, "I'm in 2nd grade now." Wow.

As taken aback as I was, I was actually happy to hear that because this morning she was a little weepy about school ending. She actually asked if we could move somewhere where there is year round school. Yep, I'm looking into it =).

In the way of baby news, we went to the doctor today for the 28 week checkup, labs, etc. It's still a boy, he still looks happy according to the doctor, and he's on par to be another 9 lb baby. We've talked about the date already and it looks like we're planning on 10 weeks from today. That's 08/08/08 for anyone without a calendar handy. That was partly on purpose - I'm hoping I can remember this one's birthday pretty easily with that date. It's also a tad bit practical - it allows for a few weeks before school starts again and it also lets the doc squeeze in one last vacation with his family. Ten weeks from today. Yikes. I guess it's time to start seriously thinking about names. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Marci @Finding Joy in the Journey said...

10 weeks, oh how it will fly. In just a few moments you won't remember life before baby ****** came into it!

You know I could give you another name list...but I make it way too complicated! (I like it that way!)