Wednesday, September 3, 2008

You've Gotta Start Somewhere ...



Fine motor work was different with Emma. She always liked it - I could almost always tell what she had drawn without lots of hints, etc.


Not so with these two. Admittedly, Claire has more interest in "writing letters" to her friends, making letter-like scribbles on paper, and so on. But that doesn't mean it's up to par. She's seeing Emma and Grayson write more since school started - so I'm hoping this makes her a little more enthusiastic to learn her letters and write her name. I'm hopeful - just not holding my breath.


Grayson would rather see the doctor than draw a picture or write something. It's always been that way. He's way to busy for that stuff. If I suggest he write a letter to a friend, he asks if he can't just run over there instead. If I ask him to please draw me a picture, he'll go pick every last one of the neighbor's flowers instead.


So - when out of the blue - these two sat down with the white dry erase board and new markers, I just had to take a few pictures to document it. Of course, I showered them with praise. This moment may not happen again after all.


In case you can't tell - Grayson drew a family portrait ("I don't have time to draw ALL of us") and this is Claire's attempt at her name. Oh - in the spirit of full disclosure - I helped her with the "e." That's a hard one.
We've got some work to do but hey - you've gotta start somewhere.

2 comments:

Rebecca Lily said...

Good for her!! She is a smart one. Love the "a". :)

Rebecca

mamatutwo said...

Very cute!