Monday, September 8, 2008

Preschool is Back in Session!




I was starting to think this day would never come. Whoever decided that preschool should start a full MONTH after elementary school is probably a close relative to whoever invented panty hose. Neither of these bright ideas really work for me.


Anyway - today was the day. Claire is attending the three year old class three days per week in the afternoons. The afternoon part is the big change. Last year we did mornings. Why switch?


Well, I admit ... the idea of getting all five of us up and out of the house looking presentable by 9:00 am sounded a bit daunting to me so I (chickened out) opted for the afternoon. It really worked out well as four of the little girls she was in class with also switched to afternoon. So ... most of the girls are VERY comfortable with each other. That could prove to be interesting for Miss Jill and Miss Tracy.


I love both the teachers. They both attend our church and they were Grayson's teachers when we moved here. They were such a calming influence on our crazy lives and I'll always owe them for that.


After a few pictures at home and in front of the tree by school, Claire and best buddy Phoebe settled in making a macaroni and bean collage. I went to the mall with Phoebe's mom.... and just.one.kid. Come on Wednesday!!!

2 comments:

Rebecca Lily said...

She is so cute Amy!! She looks so excited about preschool... and I would have totally gone for afternoons. Hugs to the kids & baby Cooper!

xoxo

Sarah said...

It's T minus 24 hours until I can love on baby cooper! Can't wait to see you tomorrow.