Saturday, September 13, 2008

"You Haven't Changed a Diaper Since When???"




A few nights ago, my friend Sarah and I got together for an afternoon and evening. It was her first chance to see and snuggle on Cooper and one of my first girlfriend getaways since getting jeans on again. Ok - stretchy jeans. But still.


Sarah and hubby Kevin are awaiting the arrival of Hannah Claire from Taiwan. She was gracious enough to bring along two gifts that the kids and I just adored. 1. Pictures of Hannah for our fridge. 2. Peanut butter cream pie from a yummy bakery is Ossian.


We figured out that Hannah and Cooper currently weigh about the same so it was really special to see her holding him. It also came up that she hadn't changed a diaper since middle school!

Claire and I just couldn't let the opportunity pass - and Sarah was anxious to put her skills to the test. I took the photos - but Sarah had the best description of the event. She's such a good sport with a great sense of humor. In her own words ... http://journeytohannahclaire.blogspot.com/


4 comments:

Rebecca Lily said...

I laughed and laughed when I read Sarah's post. To see pictures makes me laugh even harder!! Hahahaha!! :)

Glad you guys had fun. I'll try and make it to the next one. :)

xoxo

Sarah said...

HAHA. Nice. :) I love how Claire is just soooo interested in that wipe in the background. My mom and I polished off the rest of that pie while making burp cloths the next night. I'd make you one... BUT WAIT! Your baby burps like a man... very loudly, and nothing comes up... so you don't need burp cloths. Did Monte or Grayson teach Cooper that? My next sewing project is to learn how to embroider t-shirts and onesites with my sewing machine. Let's just hope it doesn't take me another year to figure that one out.

Teresa said...

Cooper is absolutley beautiful just like all of his family ~ I can't believe he is month old already! I also think Sara looks just like a natural with diaper duty ~ she will be all ready when Clarie comes home!

Have a great day!

JackieMacD said...

She looks like a pro! Found your blog through Sarah... your kids are absolutely gorgeous! congrats on the baby.