Saturday, December 20, 2008

Don't Worry Mom and Dad...I'm In Good Hands...







Kevin and Sarah left today for Taiwan to go get Hannah Claire. Well, at least I think they did. With the recent ice storm and all the bad weather we've had ... I'm hoping they got off the ground and am praying for safe travels there and back.

We're so honored they've entrusted us with their "first child" Sedona to watch while they are gone. They looked just a little bit nervous when they left last night so I'm letting Sedona tell them how she's done her first 24 hours.


Dear Mom and Dad,

Thank goodness things have calmed down here quite a bit. I guess it isn't EVERY DAY that this family hosts a sleepover, coordinates a girls' night out in the midst of a massive power outage, and gets a canine houseguest. But that's what happened.

So far I can't complain. I'm getting A LOT of attention. There sure are a lot of little people here. Five tonight - but they say one is going home tomorrow. Whew!

I'm getting used to the kids. They all sure smell differently and I've had to check it out repeatedly to make sure I know which kid I'm dealing with. One of them has a particularly smelly bottom - though not all the time. It's the same one that spends a lot of time on the floor. He's about my size.

There are two girls - they take turns holding me on the couch. Their mom keeps cramping my style by making them get up and do chores and things. No matter - I've been keeping their spots warm until they come back.

Wrigley and I have adjacent beds and I must have been tired because someone said I snored in the night ... but I don't know anything about that.

Better go - treats to eat, things to sniff, and laps to lay on. Wish you were here! Have a good time in Taiwan!

Love,
Sedona






1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hello from Taipei! Hahaha! I'm LOLing at this post. Maybe Sedona will learn some new tricks while she's at your house. Instead of learning how to sniff for drugs, she could learn how to sniff and bark when a diaper is dirty. That would be a good trick... "Hey, Sedona... go sniff Hannah's diaper to see if it's dirty." Glad that the girls are having fun loving on her. She does like to snuggle... just keep using the words "no licks" to slow down the tongue. :)