Tuesday, December 23, 2008

2nd Annual Gingerbread Party







Our neighbors are near and dear to our hearts for many reasons. One family is particularly so. The mom is one I aspire to be like and the kids, oops - teenagers, are really great. They host an annual gingerbread house decorating party and have been gracious enough to host my kids for the second year in a row. How great is that?






Emma suggested we put the houses around one of the trees and make it a "gingerbread subdivision." She's at work right now assembling roads and cars. I did draw the line at fake snow. The house is in shambles enough without vacuuming snow off the floor.






I wish I could have seen the big girls' houses this year. They astound me with their architectural designs. When I get pictures I'll post them.






I'm glad they do this each year. Other than the kids really looking forward to it, having the houses around really gets me in the Christmas spirit.

No comments: