Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Getting Out of My Comfort Zone


My comfort zone is pretty cool. I like it here. A lot. I tend to want to stay here.


But ... that doesn't promote much growth now does it? So .. I'm tackling things that challenge me.


Like exercising. Comfort zone=walking. Briskly and with incline (in my defense). But still...walking. But I'm doing it. I'm up to about half and half. If I put in three miles on the treadmill, that means I have to run a mile and a half. Yep. I can do it too. I just still hate it.


Technology is the other area that is clearly out of the "zone." I made some progress in that area last night making some Christmas presents I would not have attempted a year ago. It made me really want to explore photography. Not as a profession or anything ... but just some photo editing that would enhance the pictures I do take.


My friend Rebecca has taken on this same challenge lately with fabulous results. Check out the yummy picture she took of Cooper at Sarah's baby shower. Of course, if you know Rebecca at all, you know she seems to conquer EVERYTHING she tries ... and makes it look effortless. And she's skinny too. So NOT FAIR. =)


So, I'm going to keep plugging along. If nothing else, my New Year's Resolutions are pretty much all lined up.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Amy ~

I'm proud of you girl for getting out of that comfort zone! I totally understand what you mean ~ it's hard, yet some where along the line we grow in the process. I love the photography thing too and I'm excited to start learning more again in that area...years ago I was photo editor for our school paper ~ before a hubby, three kids but loved it! Maybe we can learn some things together:)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Teresa

Rebecca Lily said...

I love that pic of you & Cooper. :) It was one of my top 5 faves of the night! I just realized - I haven't sent you those other pics! I'm sorry!! I totally forgot. I'll get on that tonight.

Love & hugs to you girly!

xoxo