Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Unveiling of "Roots and Wings"


Once again, a huge and heartfelt thank you goes out to my friend Sarah for updating the blog. She is gracious with both her time and talents ... and luckily for me, swayed by girls' nights out to yummy chinese restaurants and cute baby retail stores. It was fun to work with her on this ... she has an eye for color and creativity ... and for her to channel her "inner Amy" and do straight lines and so much "brown" ... well, I am sure it was torturous. I sooo owe her a cute baby gift.


But, I do LOVE how it came out. So do the kids. They love this blog. They enjoy reading what I say about them ... and they refer it to their friends when they are proud of something that is on it. Funny ... that is not something I imagined when I started on this adventure. It was mainly just a way to get over my phobia of technology and to update family on how quickly the kids are growing up. Making it a family project has been an unexpected bonus.


I saw this quote years ago and loved what it said. It is the essence of what we think parenting and family life is all about. Sometimes .. this is the litmus test we use to aid in our decision to do an activity or pursue a goal. Will it deepen our roots? help them prepare for their wings?


Add the symbolic flowers and butterflies, my favorite colors, and recent pictures of four of my favorite people .. and voila! My excuse for empty baby books, extremely dated journals and virtually no printed pictures.


So thank you to all of you who check in. I hope you realize how important you are to this experience .. and to us.






1 comment:

Sarah said...

You are soooooo welcome! Are you sure it doesn't need more BROWN, though? (teasing) I LOVE it that the kids signed their names. That's really sweet, Amy.