Thursday, November 20, 2008

Step Away From ...




I've watched enough SuperNanny to know the right way to handle an anxious 4 year old who DESPERATELY wants to rock, sway, and bounce her little brother in the newest baby contraption.




Knowing does not mean doing.




I really needed a few minutes to finish the dishes and thought Cooper might be safe in his Johnny Jump Up while Claire finished her lunch. No such luck.




After the hundredth reminder not to twist him up and let him go ("just like that one ride at Disney - remember mommy?"), I must have given her the exasperated look. That's when she calmly stopped, took two steps back and said ... "I know mommy ... step AWAY from the baby."




I just had to laugh. She's been hearing that term from us a lot lately. I've mostly used the term when speaking out loud to myself during post-Halloween bag looting. You know ... "Step away from the Reese's", etc.




Apparently, some things are sinking in. Just not when it comes to half rocketing your baby brother into outer space.




No comments: