Friday, November 21, 2008

Runner's High

I hate running. Not "dislike, don't care for, or prefer something else" - just outright loathing.

You know that "runner's high" people talk about? I don't understand it. The only high I get is when I'm done. Seriously. My endorphins don't get it either.

It's not as if I haven't tried it. Many times. High school ... college ... grad school ... after each and every baby. Still the same disdain. Rather like olives.

But - this time is different. I'm going with a different approach. I'm not going to pretend to like it. I'm just going to do it.

I ran one mile yesterday. All at the same time. I still hate it. But I'm going to do it again tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Did you do it? I would have to chant...I think I can, I think I can, I think I can the whole time I was running!