Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick Or Treating Fun
















Happy Halloween everyone! We had a very full night ... great weather ... great friends... and GREAT chocolately selections for Monte and I to rifle through after the little ghouls go to bed...

The evening started with our Fort Wayne tradition of the Jack O Lantern pizza from Papa Murphy's. We had the Gardners go trick or treating with us this year and Jennifer and I stayed home with Cooper (fully dressed in the skeleton sleeper - thanks Auntie Janet!) while the men took the others around the neighborhood. I've never stayed home to pass out candy and I loved seeing all the kids all dressed up.

Emma was a vampiress (I'm sad to report that cutesy, girly costumes are no longer "cool"), Grayson was a vampire (anything to carry a weapon of some sort), and Claire was the heroine from her favorite fairy tale - Rapunzel (dress also compliments from Aunt Janet). I will take credit for the "wig" made out of a sorry left-over bundle of barn purchased from Big Lots last night and tied to a pony tail holder at just shy of midnight. Martha Stewart I'm not.

We finished up the night with a small gathering at our neighbors' house. It was a great chance for the kids to dump out all their candy and trade for their favorites. It had me reliving my childhood.










Hope the kids don't notice they are a few Reese's short ...




















3 comments:

Teresa said...

Amy ~

They all look so adorable ~ Cooper looks like he is taking the evening quite seriously:) I'm glad you all had a good time! We too were eating the Reese's from Nicholas trick or treat goodies last night as they are not his favorite ~ we helpd him out with that:)

Rebecca Lily said...

I laughed and laughed at your description of throwing the Rapunzel wig together!!!! You sound like me, girlfriend!!

I sneaked a few Reese's too. And my girls DID notice!

Myah said...

I am so bad! I took all their chocolate and stashed it in the closet. I am enjoying a little bit each day. :)