Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Happy 4th Birthday Claire!!!






I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing four years ago today - marveling at the (then) newest member of our family. We fell in love with her immediately ... and she continues to bring us laughter, joy, and the occasional attitude to this day.


She loves princesses, Wrigley, "not soft" blue bear, ballet, swimming, preschool, and her best friend Phoebe. She's not fond of spiders, green beans, or going to bed.


Today she is four years old and has a big day planned. Emma and Grayson made a big deal over her at breakfast. None of the usual squabbling over who get what cup/spoon/bowl/whatever. She then had gymnastics and lunch bunch before preschool.


She's responsible for snack this week. I know many of you can relate to just how monumental this undertaking is. It can't be just ANY snack - thanks to today's "big government" preschool rules, it must be: healthy, individually wrapped, and require minimal effort. It can't be homemade, sugary, frosted, or otherwise fun. And ... it must pass four year old muster. We went with apples and caramel dip. It was healthy and seasonal. I sent my apple slicer in hopes I wouldn't be deemed the "high maintenance" parent. The two preschoolers I polled said it would be appropriate for their discerning palates.


Tonight she gets to plan the dinner menu. She wants chicken fingers, macaroni and cheese, and applesauce. Ice cream for dessert. You've gotta love a girl who knows what she wants. She does ... and we do. Happy Birthday Baby.

5 comments:

Nicole - Life in Progress said...

Happy Birthday Miss Claire! You are such a doll. Hope those chicken fingers are AWESOME!!

Nicole - Life in Progress said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teresa said...

Amy ~

It's amazing how time flys and how fast they grow up! Enjoy the days of home cooked meals for their birthdays ~ the boys now like to go out for their birthday meal and what used to be Burger King is now Longhorn Steakhouse! Have a great day!

Teresa said...

Hi Amy ~

Thank you for coming to visit today ~ I was thrilled to see that you had stopped by:) Rebecca did an incredible job on the blog ~ she is awesome! I'm learning from the best with all the blogging ~ you were the first one to inspire me girl ~ thank you!!

Marci @Finding Joy in the Journey said...

Happy Birthday Claire Bear!

Dax came running over and said "Is that my friend Claire with a cupcake on her shirt? I bet those words say 'Cupcake Shirt'"

4..like a little woman now! =)