Friday, October 3, 2008

Hell Has Officially Frozen Over ...


The government has approved a monumental buyout, an African American male is running for president, a woman is running for vice-president, and I have a Vera Bradley bag. Nope, make that TWO.


I know ... I've been making fun of them for years. For those of you less familiar, Vera Bradley is a Fort Wayne based business. She makes those flowery print bags (and other accessories) that are cute, but overpriced (in my humble opinion). Possibly because it is a local business, it seems EVERYONE here has one ... or several.


For two years, I questioned. I balked. I crusaded. I persevered. Yesterday, I caved.


The sale at the coliseum beckoned. I have been gently persuaded (OK - harassed) by friends to get "a Vera" for some time now. And, apparently, the 7 year old black vinyl backpack currently used as a diaper bag was just not working for me. Or .. my friends were a bit embarrassed to be seen with me. Either way, I came ... I saw ... I bought two bags. Let the record show two things ... they were ON SALE and ... I am no longer a Vera virgin.



6 comments:

Marci @Finding Joy in the Journey said...

Ok, so I'm totally laughing at...or no, I should say, with you. My mom and sister in law have even converted and become mighty pushy. My mom even offered to buy me one, but the price tag just killed me!(this is a girl you will never see with a Coach, unless I win the lottery) Then my mom gave me some money with a note specifying it could only be spent on me. I went ebaying. In the last week I have become the proud owner of a Vera Bradley Laptop bag. It was new, and half priced(still made me slightly queasy!)

It's nice to know i'm not the only one jumping in to this foreign land!

Teresa said...

Amy ~

You have truly become a Ft Wayne girl now that you have not one but two Vera bags! You go girl! I didn't know they had a sale in Oct ~ I have attended the sale in May for years but now they are having one in Oct? If that continues I'll have to come in Oct too:)

Sarah said...

A VERA VIRGIN?!! I was drinking a pop while reading this post, and I think I snorted some up my nose. October is a great time for this sale. I'm sure there were all kinds of people kicking off their Christmas shopping this weekend.

Myah said...

This is hilarious, Amy!!! LOL

Rebecca Lily said...

VERA VIRGIN!! LOL!!!!!! Cute bags, girlfriend. :)

mamatutwo said...

Hi! It's my bloggy birthday, and I'm giving you a little thank you award! Stop by and take a look. I'd love it if you'd post it on your site!