Sunday, June 1, 2008

Joy for Sarah and Kevin!!!

So this must be close to what it feels like to have a niece or nephew.

Friends of ours have just been referred a baby girl from Taiwan. We have been waiting for this news for months - and when she told me, I was in the car delivering a meal to a person from our church with cancer. All the kids were in the car and it was raining. I was already a little misty eyed because the woman was living all alone and soooo thankful for the meal I had delivered. Emma and I were discussing how fortunate we were to have our health and how wonderful it was that God had placed us in her life - even if just for one meal.

Then, Sarah called with the news. I probably should have warned her I was driving - and it was raining - and I was already emotional. But I never saw such great news coming! I almost drove off the road with excitement (and with such blurred vision due to happy tears). What a great moment. I'll remember it always and will be glad to tell little Hannah Claire that great story when she is older.

Little Hannah is a preemie -but doing very well. Please join me in prayer for my friends and their little bundle of joy waiting and growing in Taiwan. You all know Sarah -the talented blog - artist and Gymboree addict. Also, check out her blog for the cutest double chin you have ever see and leave a post. Hallelujah - indeed!


http://journeytohannahclaire.blogspot.com/2008/05/hallelujah.html

No comments: