Wednesday, June 11, 2008

She's Growing Up Too Fast ........



We've settled into a pretty great summer routine. I've discovered it is an amazingly easy summer with the kids being 7, 5, and 3. I know, chaos is about to reign again but for now, I am just trying to be "zen" in the moment. Actually, a few friends of mine have inspired me to make some cool changes in our household and we are seeing the benefits already - but I'm planning a post on that for later .....


Right now, the biggest changes I am enjoying are those brought on by my youngest. Claire is now 3 1/2 and really beginning to show her true colors. In fact, for some reason, that old Cyndi Lauper song has always been one of my favorites and I have always thought of her when I heard it. I never really understood why - but God knew to plant that seed in my heart. Now I know.


She has always been the most laid back, the least likely to state her opinion, the slowest to warm to new situations, and the least excited to leave the house. She has always entertained herself with the least amount of prompting and the most reserved with regard to playdates, etc.


She has most recently found her voice. With the onset of the move here, she has been blessed with 2 year old preschool (which I admit I initially thought was silly) and has found some really good friends (and her best friend Phoebe) and some warm and loving teachers and school/church environment that she cherishes like Emma did Morton United Methodist.


She now swims in the "big pool" with only swimmies, eats an entire Happy Meal, rides a scooter and a bike with training wheels, picks out her own hair accessories (with an affinity for headbands), attends camp like her older siblings, and states her opinions with zesto. She also can't quite settle in for bed without a story from Mom, a book read to her by Emma, and then a "chapter" read by herself.


All of them are so rapidly changing. I guess I should be used to that by now but ..... it still is somehow shocking ... sort of like walking into an air conditioned room after being outside. And as refreshing as it is - sometimes, I just want to stay outside - for just a little longer anyway.

1 comment:

Marci @Finding Joy in the Journey said...

She has grown up so much! She still looks the most like her Mama. I'm excited to see you guys soon! Seems like it's been forever since I've seen the kids! Lily will be thrilled to see Emma. I wonder if Dax will still havea little crush on Claire? They ought to have fun in Bible School together!