Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!!!



Despite my occasional rantings, I am married to a really good guy. His strengths are many - but his greatest asset is the fact that he is such a good dad.


He is really hands on. He knows all the kids' teacher's names, shoe sizes, and birthday (even when I mix them up). He can tell you what percentile they are for height and weight, what their T-ball coaches' names are, and what to get them at Dunkin Donuts (no - they don't like the same thing). He willingly and regulary takes all three kids to any and all destinations without stress or complaint. I love that about him. Particularly because some of that information is lost on me - and many husbands that I know strategically plan to only take one or two at a time somewhere.


Today, the kids and I had the best intentions. We planned to do breakfast in bed then a day of relaxation. Well, so far - Claire has flooded the kitchen ceiling due to some "splashing" in our tub, the curtain rods need to be hung in two different rooms (which requires a stud finder and some fancy measuring) and of course, mudding and taping going on in the fifth bedroom downstairs.


No complaints from him though. He has THAT kind of personality. Proof that opposites do attract.


I do plan to take him to our friend's house for dinner though. No preparation or grilling required on his part. It won't make up for all the goings-on for the next crazy eight weeks, but hopefully it will remind him we are thankful for the type of Dad and husband he is.

1 comment:

Rebecca Lily said...

Amy, I loved catching up a bit on the kiddos, your summer and the Disney vacation!!! :) Awesome!! So cute that Grayson wanted his own post... he is just all boy and will be such a good big brother!!!

Loved reading about your Father's Day too. Father's Day for us started out with me sleeping in, while Andy made a breakfast skillet and piping hot coffee. That is just the type of guy he is. :) We have good husbands don't we??? What lucky girls we are.

I hope you're feeling well... how many weeks now is it???

Love,
Rebecca