Saturday, January 5, 2008

To See or Not to See...

We just returned home from our Saturday night out with the kids. I just may win the award for most frugal (Nicole and Whitney and Jennifer might say "cheap") night out for a family of five. Drum roll please..... a movie and dinner for under $20.00! Ta da!!!!!!

Now, the movie WAS at the dollar show. Yep - one dollar per ticket. Unless you go anytime on Tuesdays - then it is 50 cents. Dinner WAS at Burger King - but that did include free entertainment (some would merely call it a playland ... some folks have no imagination).

Anyway - it got me thinking about the last few movies I have seen and how I would rate them. In case you are interested...

1. The Bee Movie should have been called the Boo Movie. Yuck. Way too long and Renee Zellweger's voice was a total mismatch to her character. Distracting. It got an OK from Grayson and an unenthusiastic thumbs up from Emma. Monte fell asleep. Coincidentally, a friend of ours was there with her two kids. She too napped.
2. Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium. We saw this last week at the dollar movie. Much better than the Boo movie. I think Claire may have dozed off during this one though.
3. PS I Love You. No kids - just a date night movie. Well worth ticket price. Ladies - this is a YUMMY movie. Hillary Swank and the leading man were both awesome - but - I went because of Jeffrey Dean Morgan!!!!!!! Think Denny from Grey's Anatomy!!! Did I mention his backside has a cameo appearance?!?!?!?!!? I think I may just go purchase this DVD when it comes out. It is that good. I say it again - YUMMY! Here is the link.
http://psiloveyoumovie.warnerbros.com/

Sadly, those are the latest cinematic creations I have seen. Move over Ebert and Roeper.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So...when did you see PS I love you? Kim, Sarah, and I saw it Thursday night. I'm sorry, but there are very few men that make me weak in the knees but my goodness, those dimples, that gravely voice...throw in an Irish accent and I was all but a quivering mess! Must say, movie was good...but you know, would have helped to know it was about a woman whos husband died of a brain tumor before going..what the heck is up with the brain tumor thing, is it some sort of theme?? Ok, rant done, it was worth it all just for that little glimmer in his eye, those dimples, the five o'clock shadow...and the booty, oh my...

Anonymous said...

Monte is a good man and should get some major points. This would not be my husband's idea of a good date movie!

Rebecca Lily said...

Our favorite cheap family outing is the dollar movie (the 50 cent movie actually) and O'Charley's. Kids eat free!