Monday, January 7, 2008

Things That Just Don't Go Together....

A few things I have learned this week about things that just shouldn't co-exist...

1. Britney Spears and procreation.
2. Most of the the 2008 hopefuls and the word "Commander in Chief".
3. The general "aromas" of the nursing home co-mingling with the odor of the "freshly made" salmon patties for lunch.
4. Chicken nuggets and ketchup - need I say more?
5. My kids and TWO WEEKS OFF from preschool and "the big time" as Emma calls first grade. (They all go back tomorrow - Praise God!)

Yes, tomorrow Emma goes back to reading chapter books, writing her "non-fiction," and her new math lesson - learning to tell time. Tonight she asked me if we had an analog clock. Hmmm... is that different than digital? I honestly didn't know and told her we had to wait until Daddy got home to ask (or until Grayson got off the computer so I could look up the word "analog" on the computer). I don't even know if I spelled the word correctly. Am I supposed to be stumped by my first grader? Oh well, the little smarty pants goes back to school tomorrow.

No comments: