Wednesday, January 30, 2008

This just can't be right.....

I admit - sometimes I take on more then I can chew (maybe I should say "complete"). I haven't even blogged about our trip to Vegas yet. There is just so much to say - I need more than mere moments to compose my thoughts. It is coming .....

Meanwhile, there is Emma's first entry in the Science Fair. I assume that will be blog-worthy when it is finished as the title is "Do My Favorite Foods Float?" She is currently testing her hypotheses and there have been some surprises. But - no spoilers here. You will just have to wait until February 13th (or sooner if she completes it by then).

There is also planning a Disney trip for our family in May. This, for me, is a fairly daunting task. After googling "Walt Disney World" and getting 3 million hits, I called two people who LOVE to plan - friend Nicole (who is a self-described "machine" on vacation and a Disney expert) and my mother (she and my brother are accompanying us). Between the two of them (with a little input from me and another Disney-savvy friend Marni), we have identified travel dates, airlines, accomodations, and food plan. Still up in the air are restaurant reservations and a character meal. All things considered, things are looking great from my perspective.

This is good news as my children had this for dinner due to my preoccupation with all things Disney: a bowl of fruit loops, apple slices, and a soft pretzel with cream cheese in the middle. Nope, not a vegetable. Does cream cheese count as a protein?

As Emma said when I put down her plate (she had served the three bowls of cereal herself because I kept saying " in a minute....") - "This is dinner? This just can't be right."

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh Amy, welcome to the Disney addiction! Planning is the key. Our trip in May was fabulous- I have my opinions on Character meals. Email me if you want.

Anonymous said...

I think you covered most of the food groups...if you (or Emma)would have served this for breakfast, you would have felt it was a well rounded meal! If it works for breakfast it works for dinner! I'm laughing at you being sucked into all things Disney (I know, my time will come!).

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just want to clarify: I did say that I tend to be a "machine" on vacation which only means I move fast & may take you out with my stroller if you walk slowly in front of me.

YOU are the one calling me a Disney expert. That I am not, but I do LOVE to talk about it! Your kids are going to love it & that means, you will too.