Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I'm Entirely Too Old for This ...


but I couldn't care less. I am totally and completely sucked into this series. I never saw it coming - even with my utter addiction to Harry Potter. I should have known. It all started the same way.


All my cute little teenage babysitters have been raving about these books forever. They all gushed about the movie when it came out and peppered their conversations with "Edward and Bella" this and "vampire" that. I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt, but it all sounded juvenile to me. When my grownup friends (I use that term loosely) started to get hooked, I thought it may be worth another look.


I read the first one in less than 24 hours. I practically accosted the babysitter when she brought the second one into my house. She let me borrow it. Like she had a choice.


I devoured that 600 page book like it was a triple fudge brownie. No remorse.

I ignored laundry, work, and my kids until I knew ... really knew... that Edward had returned and Bella was safe. Oh brother. It sounds even more pathetic when I type it.


Anyway ... I don't have the third one yet. I've been trying to be adult about it .. but I'm starting to get irritable and short-tempered. Not unlike some of the stars of Celebrity Rehab.


I'm not proud. Just honest.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I loved the series as well.

Sarah said...

wow, your story is similar to mine. the swimmers i work with (college age) have been going on and on about twilight then my good friend got hooked and let me borrow the book and I am almost done with number 2 and TOTALLY sucked in!!! I haven't read harry potter and i try to stay away from books with dark subjects, but I am hooked and it is bad. Glad to hear i am not the only one.