Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Weekend




We're having a wonderfully busy Valentine's weekend. Friday night I got to spend some time with Hannah Claire (oh, and her parents). Saturday morning came very early for Emma and Grayson as both were swimming at the same meet - but for different teams. I didn't go as Cooper and Claire would be less than appreciative of the long day and hard bleacher seats. But Monte and Mom were really proud of how both kids did. Preliminary results indicated Emma now has legal times in breaststroke and possible butterfly! That would be a big deal as she's been working really hard not to be "DQ'd" (disqualified). She also swam a 100 yard freestyle (that's four lengths of a pool). I don't think I could do that anymore. Grayson was proud of his 25 yard freestyle and backstrokes too. I think the best part of the meet for him was playing his Nintendo DS with the other little boys.




Last night Monte and I went to see Collin Raye in concert. It was my fourth time seeing him and while he has less hair and more belly than he did the last time, I am still blown away every time he opens his mouth. The man can SING! The theatre was in the round and very intimate. It was a great way to spend a Valentine's evening.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

DQ'ing in breast and butter are very easy to do, even college women sometimes get DQed for not having two hand touches on the wall or both feet not together.

Marci @Finding Joy in the Journey said...

I totally did not know you were a Collin Raye person too. He's one guy that has always just melted my heart with his voice. his version of "The Gift" had me weeping like a baby in the hospital after having Lily. It's remained one of she and I's "songs".

Mom's puppy came home this weekend. They are having lots of fun!