Thursday, February 12, 2009

Cooper's Big Week


It's been an exciting week for the little guy. In addition to sprouting his first tooth (we were hoping that was the reason he was drooling so much), he just started rolling over!


Disclaimer: He's only rolling from tummy to back. While none of our children have set records in the gross motor department, I suspected Cooper would take even a bit longer to roll over. He's chubby. He's laid back. Ok - very laid back. And ... well .... dare I admit to this ... he sleeps on his tummy. So, when you lay him down for some "tummy time," he immediately closes his eyes and starts his sleepy song. Not much motivation to roll over.


The kids have been tutoring him for a few weeks now. It's hilarious. They all get as close as they can to him and roll around saying "Do this Cooper. Do this." I love to watch his face during all this and wonder what he must be thinking ... "And they are worried about me???"

3 comments:

Rebecca Lily said...

I can just see the kids rolling around and yelling at Coop... just the thought of it makes me laugh. :) Yes, I WAS wondering how he was going to manage the rolling over thing... he's quite the chunky monkey!!

Love,
R

PS All my kids slept on their tummies. There, I admitted it too, don't you feel better??

Nicole - Life in Progress said...

Like Rebecca, I can just picture all the big kids giving Cooper their tips. He's getting SO big....I just can't believe it!

Teresa said...

Amy ~

Cooper is just precious ~ he looks like such a happy little guy! I would love to see the kids demonstrating how to roll over and encouraging him, that is priceless! As for the tummy thing...many kids do it and they have survived...even my boys and they had a NICU nurse as a mom!