Sunday, February 8, 2009

Father Daughter Dance 2009











Last night was the Father Daughter Dance put on by the Girl Scouts. It was Emma's and Monte's second year in attendance and Emma even more excited than last year ... because she knew what to expect I think. Then again, it may have been the promise of cheese fries at Steak and Shake after the dance....

The hunt for the dress was not nearly as traumatic as last year. She loved her Christmas dress so she donned a sweater and off she went. For a chuckle, check the blog archives for last year's post. Not only does Emma have her baby teeth but I was still parenting by bribing. Amateurs!!!

There's nothing quite like watching a Daddy helping his little girl put on her wrist corsage. It puts a lump in the throat and some tears in the eyes.
As I took the pictures this year on the steps (as I did last year), I got just a small glimpse of what it will be like for homecomings, proms, etc. Wow. I hope her date has as much patience as her daddy. And that he likes cheese fries and strawberry milkshakes too.
















3 comments:

Dawn said...

WOW ~ What a great evening for her....the memories!! What an awesome guy you have there!

Her coloring is STUNNING!! Has she learned to love her red hair yet?!

Susan said...

Adorable pictures, they look like they were ready to go have A LOT of fun.

Rebecca Lily said...

Oh, I can't believe it's been a YEAR since the last dance! I remember that post like it was yesterday!