Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Claire is a trooper!


Emma has been a fan of the headband as a fashion accessory for a while. Unlike myself, who always found them somewhat painful to the back of the ear area. Claire, being the girly-girl that she is, borrowed one of Emma's today. She actually had to grab it away from Wrigley (who left it one the floor???). That is why he is looking a bit perturbed and standing sooo close to Claire.


Emma and Grayson both had school today. Claire and I started our marathon day with a 10:00 peds appt to recheck the ears. Still fluid in them. That's OK as I am more convinced that, with this evidence, the ENT we are meeting at 2:00 will schedule her for tubes. In other words, he will see things my way.


I was a bit concerned when I asked our pediatrician (who is now at least Dr. Galbreath status in our eyes) what the ENT was like. He said, "He was in my med school class." Hmmm. Note: He did not start off gushing about his bedside manner. "He's very competent."


My reply - "Spill it."


He did. Turns out the guy is just a bit "abrupt." I can take that. After all - Claire IS getting tubes. I just have to make this guy think it is his idea. Not much different than home....


Met the ENT. A little abrupt but great with Claire. I think the terminology I used and the information I had unnerved him a little. That made me smile - and sad. Don't all parents walk into an appt. having thoroughly researched the subject matter? Maybe not.


Verdict - tubes on March 12. My 37th birthday. Yeah!

3 comments:

Nicole - Life in Progress said...

Glad the Doctor saw it your way. I'll bet he never saw you comin'.

By the way, love the headband on Claire. Very cute!

Marci @Finding Joy in the Journey said...

Claire is so big! I miss Wrigley! My doctor learned long ago that I would come in with an opinion..but she seems to respect that, gotta love those doctors!

Rebecca Lily said...

Ooooh. Doctors. Don't get me started. you're my hero, Amy!!

Rebecca