Wednesday, February 20, 2008

American Idol fever has struck!

We are, as a family, infected with AI fever!!!

It all started two seasons ago when Emma and Grayson could stay up late enough to watch a few minutes of the show (note - in Illinois, the show starts at a normal 7:00. Not so here in Hoosier-land where nothing is on prior to 8:00. Because 8:00 is BEDTIME at my house (I am a total bedtime routine sleep nazi), it is a special treat for them to stay up until 8:30 or 8:45 to catch a little bit of the show. All five of us pile in our bed with jammies on. Everyone votes on the singer - thumbs up or down. It has turned into a real tradition. Because it is up late two nights in a row, they aren't allowed to watch the results show. They only want to see the performances anyway.

As we get further along in the season - I'll let them pick and post their favorites. So far, Emma's picks are based on wardrobe (only) and Grayson's picks are based on looks. Claire loves everybody. Am I the only one who cares about talent????

1 comment:

Marci @Finding Joy in the Journey said...

I know many won't understand, but American Idol is a institution in our family too! Even Dax is getting into it this year..and of course Finn is dancing. I think for me this year it has the extra sentiment of knowing my parents and siblings are out there watching too and I can chat with dad about who he didn't like!

Have to say I laughed at the "normal 7" because being from the eastern time zone and living in Illinois for almost 4 years I still ask what's on at 8? To me, the fact that people around here finish the news and go to bed at 10:30 will never be normal!

PS 8 there is still 7 here...so your kids are kind of getting jipped!=) I had to switch Lily from an 8:30 to a 7:30 bedtime when we moved..think of the backlash that came with that!