Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Week ....In Real Life











I wish I had a cutesy picture of me with all my children to share with you on Mother's Day. You know the kind ... all of us in matching (or at least coordinating) outfits ... all looking in the same direction ... and smiling. Don't have one of those. At all. Ever. That's just not our real life.


I have friends that take these pictures and live this life...and I just love looking at the gorgeous documentation of their families. We just don't. Our real life photo collection is more the ... "dirty faces, snotty noses, and halfway-decent photos except for the finger in the photo lens" kind. Editing? Photoshop? Please. I barely have time to shave both of my legs.


The best I can do is to share these un-edited, non "Photo-shopped" shots of me with the kiddos during all the Mother's Day activities at school. Claire and I got to share a brunch at "Muffins with Mom" at preschool and Grayson had a Mother's Day tea at Kindergarten. Emma and I got some quality girl time yesterday with lunch and a shoe shopping expedition. I got to sleep in, Monte and the kids made breakfast, and all of us went swimming at the Y.

It was a great week to celebrate the gift of being a mom. A great day to celebrate the joy of real life. Happy Mother's Day to all of you. May each of us be aware of and honor the exceptional moments in our own real lives. Every day. God bless.
















1 comment:

Teresa said...

Amy ~

I wouldn't trade real life mothers day for anything!!! It's the best thing in the entire world:) Thanks for sharing:)

Teresa