Thursday, May 14, 2009

Happy 6th Birthday Grayson!!!


I remember the evening of May 13th, 2003 very clearly. I was really nervous. Really. Nervous.


I vividly recall wondering how ALL these emotions could possibly be going on all at the same time. I was elated, terrified, excited, sad, tired, exhilerated, impatient, and peaceful.


This was not my first baby. But that just made it all the more ... nervewracking. This time, I knew what to expect. Or did I?


I'd never had a boy before. What did I know about it? Was there enough room in my heart for another child? What would you look like? Would we have to drive YOU halfway to Cleveland to get you to sleep? Would you be a good sibling? What dynamic would you add to our family?


Six years later and I honestly can't imagine life without you. One look at you and I knew who you were. I thought (and still do) you'd been here before. And I knew we'd never look back.


You are the kid that tears the knees out of every single pair of jeans. You bring me a tissue when a Hallmark commercial comes on ... then stays to throw it away. You live to antagonize your sisters ... and make up for it by picking me flowers.


You are the kid that notices things others miss. Or don't take the time to see. I love that about you. You run like the wind. And eat like a horse. Your eyes, hair, and freckles make my heart hurt ... they are that cute. I mean ... handsome.


Happy 6th birthday buddy. And, for the record, you nailed the sibling thing. Blew the doors right off. Love you.


Mom

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Ok, now I need a kleenex! What a sweet post about a very special little, I mean big guy!! Hapy 6th birthday:)